How to switch to VoIP
More and more small and large businesses are switching to a VoIP phone system. This is in large part due to the big savings you can make on local and international calls. Switching couldn't be easier, so here's what you need to know.
How to get a VoIP phone number
To switch your traditional phone line to VoIP, simply get in touch with a VoIP provider. All you need is an internet connection good enough to support it (most broadband connections will be fine). VoIP uses your IP to transfer phone call data, which means you don't need line rental and can make local or international calls for much less and even free.
Your VoIP provider will issue you with a phone number or you can keep your existing one. VoIP phones work in exactly the same way, so you still dial numbers to make calls and people do the same for you. Which means you can also keep a local number, wherever you're based.LEARN HOW EASY IT IS TO SET UP VONAGE BUSINESS CLOUD
Why make the switch
If you're looking at how to get VoIP then you've probably decided that your business could benefit from its major advantages. More and more small, medium and even large companies are attracted by the idea of cheaper and even free local, national and international calls. But the benefits don't stop there. Using VoIP you can also get:
- Follow Me - Set up call following on multiple numbers and your calls come with you.
- Voicemail to email transcription - VoIP transcribes voicemail and sends messages to your email account or smartphone.
- Call Screening - When callers dial your direct number, they are prompted to record their name. While the caller remains on the line, your extension rings for you to answer—and then plays the callers recorded name and offers you a list of options.
- Coaching tools - you can sit in on employees calls and offer advice without clients being able to hear you, providing an invaluable training tool.
- Virtual Receptionist - create customised call routing for a great customer service experience.
- Mobile capability - VoIP calls can be connected through your mobile so you can access the service anytime or anywhere on your choice of devices.
The rewards of VoIP
Once you're connected to a VoIP system, you're free to enjoy all the benefits of VoIP technology. Make and receive calls in exactly the same way, at a fraction of the price, use new features to create a more professional appearance and increase your phone and communications mobility.SEE ALL VONAGE BUSINESS PLANS